Continuing on with my summer peach obsession, today I’m bringing you a simple & elegant appetizer. Doesn’t it look just gorgeous? We all really enjoyed looking at it for the five minutes it survived before being scarfed down by my rabid foodie friends!
I made two versions: The first (and my favorite) was peach slices wrapped in prosciutto with a smidge of goat cheese tucked beneath it. I love the salty-sweet combo with a creamy surprise. The second (and also very delish) version adds a fresh basil leaf and a drizzle of a balsamic glaze. Both are full of flavor and have that juicy I’m-so-happy-it’s-summer texture.
prosciutto-wrapped summer peaches
This recipe makes 8 appetizer bites.
- 1 fresh summer peach, cut into 8 slices
- 8 t goat cheese
- 4 slices prosciutto, each slice cut in half lengthwise
- 8 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Boil balsamic until reduced by half and has a syrupy texture. Be careful not to overboil; it will thicken slightly as it cools. Place in a small dipping bowl and set aside.
- Place one teaspoon goat cheese on the side of a peach slice. Top goat cheese with a basil leaf (if using) then wrap a prosciutto slice around peach. Place on serving tray.
- Serve peaches with balsamic glaze.