A super-fast 3-ingredient cheese dip that takes just 5 minutes to throw together!
Okay, so here’s what you need to know about this awesomely cheesy dip that you’re going to want to bookmark and pin and tweet about because it’s hot cheese that you can slather all over everything (and what in life is better than that?!!):
- It really does take just 3 ingredients: chicken broth, cheese and a little cornstarch to thicken it. Technically, you could skip the cornstarch (which I have done due to being out and too lazy to go to the store) but I like my cheese dip nice and thick.
- You can replace the chicken broth with a light beer and make this a beer cheese dip.
- Soft pretzels are incredibly fabulous with this cheese dip. I actually pick up pretzel rolls from my local market; they’re much cheaper and just as delicious. You could cube them for a party and place the pretzel roll cubes around the tray, too.
- A fondue pot works best to keep this cheese dip warm and smooth (I also use my fondue pot to deep fry in very small batches; it regulates the temperature brilliantly)! Because it’s regular cheese it will thicken as it cools, which is why I keep this recipe for either a quick-fix for cravings or make sure I have my fondue pot close at hand.
- Also because it’s regular cheese and thickens as it cools, it’s great for crackers as a spread. A fantastic complement with apples, too!
- Add more chicken broth if you’d prefer a thinner consistency. Add jalapeño or chipotle to spice it up!
You can also substitute the cheese dip with this easy homemade Velveeta recipe.
One of these days, you’re going to be sitting on your couch on a rainy or snowy day and a craving will strike. Five minutes later, when you’re already back on your couch, stuffing your face with yummy, hot cheese dip, you’re going to be so happy you saved this recipe! :-)
Why not buy it all on Amazon? PRETZEL ROLLS DIP BOWL & TRAY FONDUE POT CHEDDAR CHEESE BROTH CORN STARCH or find MORE GREAT DIP RECIPES
Quick and Easy 3-ingredient Cheese Dip with Pretzel Rolls
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, or light beer
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 T cornstarch
- Bring chicken broth (or beer) to a strong simmmer. Meanwhile, toss cornstarch and shredded cheese until cheese is well-coated (I use a ziploc bag). Add cheese in handfuls, stirring to incorporate cheese before adding the next handful, until all cheese is melted. Season to taste with salt (I like to add a hefty dose of crushed black peppercorns, too).
- Can also be made in a fondue pot or served in one to help keep it ooey gooey!
- Serve with soft pretzels or pretzel rolls.
Latest posts by Kristy Bernardo (see all)
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder - March 27, 2023
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers with Old Bay - March 27, 2023
- Easy Avocado Egg Bake - March 22, 2023
Wednesday 11th of November 2015
Replacing the chicken broth with beer is the best idea ever :) Love this!!
Friday 13th of November 2015