I have a healthy snack for you today!
This is one of those snacks where you take a bite, think “they’re pretty good” but then can’t stop eating them. They’ll sit on your counter and you’ll just grab a few as you walk by…and then find yourself going back for more, again and again.
They take about 5 minutes to toss together and another 45 to roast. All with ingredients you likely keep on hand so you can have a healthy, yummy snack whenever those cravings strike.
They’re not completely healthy…there are 2 T of butter added to the sauce before mixing. You could easily reduce that to just 1 though or swap it for canola oil (or a combo). Personally, I like the tiny bit of richness it adds. Plus, I’m eating beans for a snack. No guilt here.
These aren’t an in-your-face kind of buffalo spicy, either. You won’t really notice it until after a few bites. That’s when they hit peak addiction levels!
- 2 cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 T melted butter
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce (Frank’s Red Hot is perfect)
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Drain chickpeas and dry thoroughly (you want the sauce to stick well).
- Mix together the remaining ingredients (a pourable measuring cup works well here).
- Place chickpeas on a sheet tray. Pour sauce over and mix well, making sure all the chickpeas are coated (your hands work best here).
- Roast for approximately 45 minutes, stirring at least twice throughout baking time (they should have some crunch to them).
- Store at room temperature for up to a week.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 84 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 373mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g