A very healthy yet incredibly flavorful recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash Soup that will quickly become a family favorite! Includes a stovetop and Vitamix version.
We've got another doozie of a storm coming in and it looks like it might be the biggest one yet this season. It's supposed to hit Wed night and go all day Thursday – and I have a plane ticket to NYC on Thursday afternoon. Looks like my long weekend vacation might be shortened a bit.
At least if I get snowed in I'll have my Vitamix to make some delicious, hot & healthy soups, like this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup! I told you a couple of weeks ago how much I love my Vitamix and why, but just in case you missed it, here's the reprint:
- It works. Go figure, a product that actually does the job it says it will and does it really, really well.
- There’s no messing with removing the blade. It stays in there permanently (unless it needs fixing, see #3). No more messing with those little rubber thingies!
- It comes with a SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY. And they’ll sharpen your blades for free, so I’m told. Not that you’ll need them sharpened as the blades themselves are actually a bit dull. The Vitamix works so well because the blades go up to 240 miles per hour! It basically obliterates whatever you toss in the pitcher.
- You can use it to make soup. What blender can’t make soup, right? Right. But can your blender HEAT UP THE SOUP UNTIL IT’S STEAMING HOT?!! I was skeptical about this point but, I assure you, it really does the job. I now make soup several times a week simply because it takes me five minutes to throw it together and another five while the Vitamix does its thing.
- It makes the creamiest hummus you have ever, EVER tasted. I am not kidding. The BEST. HUMMUS. I have EVER tasted.
- To clean it you add warm water, a couple drops of dish soap and turn it on. Yep, that’s it. It’s that easy.
I made this Roasted Butternut Squash Soup in almost no time (ten minutes, tops, if you don't count the time it took to actually roast the squash). I've made this recipe so many times now (yes, it's that tasty and sooo good for you – bonus!) that I've started roasting a few squashes at a time so I have some ready when I want to make some.
I've started adding tofu to my Vitamix soups (or any blended soup I make the traditional way, too). You can't taste it, it just adds a creamy texture so that I don't feel I need to add milk or heavy cream. MUCH healthier and even this cream-loving-foodie hasn't missed it!
More squash recipes:
- Pumpkin Coconut Curry with Chicken
- Butternut Squash Mac ‘n Cheese with Buttery Bacon Breadcrumbs
- Penne with Butternut Squash and Goat Cheese
- Butternut Squash Au Gratin with Mushrooms and Bacon
- Spaghetti Squash with Onion, Garlic and Parmesan