This super simple Salsa Cheese Ball is perfect for a football game or any occasion you can think of!
I have such a fun recipe to share with you today. It’s one of those easy but delicious and FUN recipes that makes me glad there are things like the Super Bowl happening soon!
Even if my team didn’t make it this year, I’m still really looking forward to the game. We’ll do our annual pajama brunch in Reston, VA, and then watch the game at someone’s house. Probably ours!
I’m a big proponent of making as much as possible from scratch but using store-bought ingredients when it makes sense and when those products are top-notch – meaning as good as what you can make at home.
Fresh, homemade salsa would be amazing in this salsa cheese ball, but using a high-quality store-bought version will be just fine, too.
All you do is mix together two bricks of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of salsa (any flavor will work), a little ground cumin, salt and pepper. Then you can add your favorites to the outside, making your Salsa Cheese Ball pretty AND delicious!
I chose to use green and yellow colors to show support for the Packers, my home team. I used a poblano pepper and a yellow bell pepper, both finely diced. You could use a jalapeño, too, if you wanted to spice it up a bit more. Red and yellow bells would be great for the Redskins. Get creative!
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, very soft
- 1/4-1/3 cup salsa (any flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 bell pepper, minced, (use 1/2 each from two different colored peppers if desired)
- Mix together all ingredients except bell pepper. Shape into a ball. Place on parchment paper or saran wrap; wrap tightly and place in refrigerator until firm (at least a couple hours).
- Remove from fridge and press bell pepper firmly into the outside of the cheese ball. Place on serving tray with tortilla chips, crackers and/or freshly cut veggies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 141 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 305mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g