This post is sponsored by the award-winning Rojo’s Salsa.
I have such a fun recipe to share with you today. It’s one of those easy but delicious and FUN recipes that makes me glad there are things like the Super Bowl happening soon! Even if my team didn’t make it this year, I’m still really looking forward to the game. We’ll do our annual pajama brunch in Reston, VA, and then watch the game at someone’s house. Probably ours!
Which is why I’m glad I’ll have this easy recipe to whip up. You know I’m a little salsa obsessed and this recipe is made with the BEST salsa you can buy in any store! Rojo’s offers a complete line of FRESH (so important!), restaurant-quality salsas and dips. I love all their flavors (the fire-roasted and restaurant-style are my personal favorites, but the new hatch chile is A-MA-ZING) and am really looking forward to trying their quesos and 5-layer dips, too!
You know I’m a big proponent of making as much as possible from scratch but using store-bought ingredients when it makes sense and when those products are top-notch – meaning as good as what you can make at home. Rojo’s salsas are exactly that! They make their products in small batches and use premium, fresh-cut ingredients.
Which is why it’s the perfect choice for this Salsa Cheese Ball. All you do is mix together two bricks of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of Rojo’s salsa (any flavor will work), a little ground cumin (optional), salt and pepper. Then you can add your favorites to the outside, making your Salsa Cheese Ball pretty AND delicious!
I chose to use green and yellow colors to show support for the Packers, my home team. I used a poblano pepper and a yellow bell pepper, both finely diced. You could use a jalapeño, too, if you wanted to spice it up a bit more. Red and yellow bells would be great for the Redskins. Using freshly diced vegetables with Rojo’s salsa will help you add a flavorful kick to your game day spread!
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, very soft
- 1/3 cup Rojo's salsa (any flavor)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 bell pepper, minced, (use 1/2 each from two different colored peppers if desired)
- Mix together all ingredients except bell pepper. Shape into a ball. Place on parchment paper or saran wrap; wrap tightly and place in refrigerator until firm (at least a couple hours).
- Remove from fridge and press bell pepper firmly into the outside of the cheese ball. Place on serving tray with tortilla chips, crackers and/or freshly cut veggies.