Here’s a healthy sausage sheet pan dinner that’s ready in 20 minutes! Great for Keto, Whole 30 and anyone who loves a delicious, easy meal.
This post is sponsored by al fresco.
This fantastic sausage sheet pan dinner has all the things that make for a perfect weeknight meal: healthy, flavorful and fast.
WHAT IS A SHEET PAN DINNER?
A sheet pan dinner is simply an entire meal that’s prepared together on one sheet pan. This means that it takes much less effort, cleanup and it will be done at the same time. My sheet pan dinners tend to be a flavorful, lean protein with a type of vegetable alongside. So easy to eat healthier, even when you’re short on time!
For this sausage sheet pan dinner, I use my favorite sausage: al fresco all natural. They have many flavors to choose from, like Andouille and Italian and Sweet Apple. I love keeping several flavors on hand for easy meals, especially since we all love it!
The best part is that Rob and I love the spicier sausages but the girls prefer the mild flavors. This sheet pan dinner uses two packages of sausage so I will use one of each flavor and everyone is happy.
This time around I also added a package of al fresco’s meatballs to our sheet pan dinner. Did you know they have meatballs?? I’d been stalking my local store and they finally got some in a couple weeks ago. I used the Italian Style meatballs and the Andouille chicken sausage for this dinner, but any combination will be delicious!
For the vegetable, I used broccolini tossed with a little olive oil and parmesan. I had some cherry tomatoes so I threw those on for flavor and color, too. SO GOOD!!
WHAT IS BROCCOLINI?
Broccolini is a hybrid of broccoli and Chinese broccoli. I love its long stems and tiny broccoli-like “buds” which char nicely in a hot oven. Roasting broccolini alongside al fresco sausage makes for a perfect meal!
- 2 packages al fresco chicken sausage, any flavor (or al fresco meatballs)
- 1 large bunch broccolini, thick stems removed
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice the sausages (and meatballs in half, if using) crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. Place cut-side down on a sheet pan.
- Place broccolini and tomatoes on the sheet pan next to the sausages. Drizzle broccolini with oil, then season with salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then sprinkle broccolini and tomatoes with parmesan. Roast for another 5 minutes or until broccolini is crisp-tender.