Instant Pot Oatmeal is the easy way to a fast, healthy breakfast.
To say that the Instant Pot has changed the way I cook is the understatement of the year.
From lasagna, mac & cheese, cheesecake and even a complete meal with pork and mashed potatoes…the Instant Pot has become my favorite appliance. What has surprised me most though, even more than those big meals, is how much I use it for simple, quick breakfasts.
Like this Single Serving Instant Pot Oatmeal.
It is so easy to make breakfast in my Instant Pot that I wonder how I never got along with it before. I make soft-boiled eggs for my girls every morning before they leave for school and it takes just three minutes under pressure. And all I have to do is pour a little water in the pot, place eggs on the trivet and set the timer.
This Instant Pot Oatmeal is just about that simple, too. Mix together a few ingredients in a mug, pour some water in the pot, set the mug on the trivet and set the timer for ten minutes. I’ll grab my coffee and start working while the Instant Pot does its breakfast magic.
Eating a healthy breakfast has never been so easy.
Don’t miss my Instant Pot cookbooks (and the upcoming Weeknight Keto)!
Breakfast is a meal I love but sometimes struggle with. I’m either not hungry first thing in the morning or I get busy and forget to eat at all. By the time 10am rolls around, I’m famished and want to scarf down every unhealthy food in my refrigerator. I’m thankful to my Instant Pot for changing that.
Give this Instant Pot Oatmeal a try, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup water, plus more for the Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup almond milk, or soy, dairy, etc.
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- fresh berries, for topping
- Mix together everything but berries in a large, heat-proof coffee mug or small heat-proof dish.
- Pour 1 cup water into the container of your Instant Pot, then place the trivet on top. Press “Manual” and adjust the timer to 10 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing.”
- When the time is up, open the Instant Pot using “Quick Pressure Release.” Carefully remove the mug (use hot pads as it will be very hot). Top with fresh berries, if desired.
Last update on 2020-05-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API