These super easy Skillet Cinnamon Rolls are baked with a cream cheese dip right in the center – then we topped it all with salted caramel and toasted pecans!
I am so excited to share this Cinnamon Roll recipe with you.
It’s so good, so pretty to serve and something just a bit unique. Perfect for a brunch, lazy day weekend treat or a holiday breakfast. And it’s so, so easy!
Oh, if only I could take full credit for the recipe. Remember a couple of weeks back when I posted a similar recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip with Skillet Bread? Shortly after that a TWN reader, Kevin B., emailed me about it. During that email exchange, he suggested trying a similar recipe using cinnamon rolls. CINNAMON ROLLS, friends. I can only assume that Kevin is a brilliant man.
I told Kevin that I would really like to try bringing his skillet cinnamon roll recipe suggestion to life. He agreed, and this is that recipe. And it’s fabulous.
Thanks, Kevin B.!
HOW TO MAKE CINNAMON ROLLS IN A CAST IRON SKILLET?
It’s so simple to make cinnamon rolls in a cast iron skillet. Place them in your skillet just as you would a baking dish or pie plate. I used a can of cinnamon rolls then simply whipped some softened cream cheese with a little brown sugar. Topped the sweetened cream cheese with salted caramel sauce and pecans then baked it all up until golden brown and gooey-delicious.
It’s what the entire planet needs to make this Christmas morning. And every single day after. Seriously – if you’ve never tried making skillet cinnamon rolls, now is the time and this is the recipe :)
- Cinnamon rolls, I used a can of Pillsbury Cinnabon with icing
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce, either store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into four small pieces. Arrange the pieces around the edge of a greased cast-iron skillet (like you would for monkey bread).
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and a pinch of salt until very smooth. Spread in the center of the skillet, just before it reaches the cinnamon rolls. Spread caramel sauce over the top of the cream cheese, then top with chopped pecans.
- Bake in oven according to directions on cinnamon roll package. Remove when cinnamon rolls are lightly browned and baked through. Drizzle cinnamon rolls with icing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 717 Saturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 914mg Carbohydrates: 80g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 34g Protein: 8g