These super easy Crescent Cinnamon Rolls are baked with a cream cheese dip right in the center – then we topped it all with salted caramel and toasted pecans!
I am so excited to share this Cinnamon Roll recipe with you. It’s so good, so pretty to serve and something just a bit unique. Perfect for a brunch, lazy day weekend treat or a holiday breakfast. And it’s so, so easy!
Why You’ll Love These Cinnamon Rolls
- Easy: These easy to make cinnamon rolls are ready in 30 minutes from start-to-finish.
- Deliciousness: Crescent cinnamon rolls with a cream cheese, brown sugar, caramel topping makes for one incredibly tasty treat.
- Just 5 Ingredients: We’re keeping it simple with just 5 tasty ingredients!
- Kid-friendly: Kids will love eating these rolls but it’s also a very kid-friendly recipe that the kids will love making.
Crescent Roll Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
These 5-ingredient crescent cinnamon rolls are ready for the oven in 10 minutes!
- Crescent Roll Dough: I used Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing but choose the crescent cinnamon dough with icing of your choice.
- Brown sugar – Light brown sugar adds a delicious molasses flavor to this breakfast treat. Dark brown sugar will work as well.
- Cream Cheese: There is something magical about combining cream cheese, cinnamon and brown sugar. Soften before adding.
- Salted Caramel Sauce: Caramel creates a salty, sweet, and irresistibly buttery flavor. Store-bought or homemade caramel sauce works.
- Chopped Pecans or Walnuts (optional): The nuts add the crunch to this chewy, soft treat.
The cream cheese, brown sugar and caramel topping eliminates the need for a glaze.
(Scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe card with exact measurements and recipe instructions.)
How to Make Cinnamon Rolls
These cinnamon rolls are best in a cast-iron skillet but an 8×8″ baking dish, cake pan or similar size suffice.
- Cut the crescent rolls & arrange in skillet.
- Make the cream cheese and brown sugar topping and spread caramel sauce on top.
- Bake in the oven.
- Drizzle cinnamon rolls with Cinnabon icing and Enjoy!
Make Ahead of Time
These cinnamon rolls can be made the night before and up to 1 day in advance. Simply keep the uncooked cinnamon rolls in the skillet or baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. The next morning, bake and drizzle with icing.
Storage & Freezer
The rolls can be stored in the fridge in a sealed container or covered with plastic wrap for up to 3 three days. I don’t suggest leaving them at room temperature since the icing is made with cream cheese.
You can freeze these baked cinnamon rolls for up to 1 month. Cool to room temperature, wrap in plastic wrap and then foil, or plastic wrap and a freezer bag (or air-tight container).
How to Reheat
The rolls can be reheated using an oven or microwave. I prefer the oven with a big batch and the microwave for small or individual servings.
- Reheat in Oven: Preheat to 300°F and bake for 5-10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Reheat in Microwave: Place on a micro-wave safe dish and heat for 30 seconds at medium power. If still not warmed through continue at 20 second bursts.
If frozen, defrost in refrigerator before reheating.
- 1 can (8oz) crescent cinnamon roll dough with icing, I used a can of Pillsbury Grands Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 1 8- ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce, either store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven according to package directions.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into four small pieces. Arrange the pieces around the edge of a greased cast-iron skillet (like you would for monkey bread) or 8x8 baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese, brown sugar and a pinch of salt until very smooth. Spread in the center of the skillet, just before it reaches the cinnamon rolls. Spread caramel sauce over the top of the cream cheese, then top with chopped pecans.
- Bake in oven according to directions on cinnamon roll package. Remove when cinnamon rolls are lightly browned and baked through. Drizzle cinnamon rolls with Cinnabon icing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
These cinnamon rolls are best in a cast-iron skillet but a 8×8″ baking dish, cake pan or similar size suffice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 791Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 19gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 861mgCarbohydrates: 86gFiber: 3gSugar: 37gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
More delicious breakfast recipes:
- Easy Pull-Apart Monkey Bread
- Raspberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Homemade Andouille Sausage
- 22 Crescent Roll Breakfast Recipes
It’s what the entire planet needs to make this Christmas morning. And every single day after. Seriously – if you’ve never tried making skillet cinnamon rolls, now is the time and this is the recipe :)
Oh, if only I could take full credit for the recipe. TWN reader, Kevin B., emailed me about this recipe. I told Kevin that I would really like to try bringing his skillet cinnamon roll recipe suggestion to life. He agreed, and this is that recipe. And it’s fabulous.
Thanks, Kevin B.!