This s’mores pie “recipe” is layers of graham crackers, marshmallows, and melted chocolate that is perfect for any season, indoors or outdoors. In under 15 minutes this 3-ingredient classic combo can be enjoyed by all!
S’more’s Pie Substitutions & Hacks
Some of these variations won’t be found at your local grocery store but can easily be purchased on Amazon or other online stores.
Use mini, regular or jumbo marshmallows. Mini marshmallows will give the most consistent and even roasting results but any will work. Marshmallow creme can also be used. Kitchen shears can be used to cut marshmallows down to size as well.
Jet-Puffed, Stuffed Puffs, Dandies, Campfire or any grocery store brand of marshmallows will work as will homemade marshmallows. Peeps are a great substitute as well and the seasonal and holiday themed Peeps look great.
There are a ton of marshmallow flavors and varieties you can experiment with such as vanilla, birthday cake, candy corn, pumpkin spice, coconut, holiday cinnamon & vanilla, ginger bread, peppermint, Swedish fish, chocolate coated with graham cracker, strawberry, stuffed chocolate, and fruit flavored.
Vegan marshmallows can also be substituted. Yes, that’s right, most store bought marshmallows are not vegan or vegetarian because they contain gelatin.
Hershey chocolate bars are a classic s’more ingredient however you can use any chocolate including white, dark, with nuts, flavored or other chocolate bars that are similar to Hershey. Other types of chocolate bars can be fun to try too, such as Krackel, Mr. Goodbar, Kit Kat, and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Hershey has many varieties to try out as well such as Special Dark, Cookies ‘n’ Creme, Milk Chocolate with Almonds, Toffee, and Toffee and Almonds. There are Hershey bar size choices to make too, king, regular and mini will all work. If you use king size keep in mind that the bars are thicker and a little bit less chocolate is needed unless you like it really chocolatey.
Pie Crust Variations
This recipe calls for a pre-made 10″ graham cracker crust but a smaller 9″ pie crust can be used as well. Crumbled up graham crackers in a pie tin works equally as well. If you don’t have any crust or graham crackers you can get creative with bread, crackers, Oreos, cookies, waffles, pancakes, brownies, vanilla wafers, pretzels, cereal, donuts, ice cream cones or chips.
Keebler Graham Cracker crust is the brand most people use but any brand will work, including grocery chain brands. Some may prefer to make their own pie crust which is perfectly acceptable.
Graham cracker mini pie crusts are a fun option for individual mini s’mores pies. Portion control! Keebler makes mini pie crusts but they are often not widely available in grocery stores and best bought online.
Pie crust variations to experiment with or use in a pinch include a pecan, standard dough, or Oreo pie crust.
Toppings & Decorations
Here some seasonal and holiday S’mores pie decorating ideas.
- Valentine’s Day S’mores: Use vanilla and strawberry marshmallows.
- Easter S’mores: Use Easter Peeps for a S’mores dip with chicks and bunnies.
- Summer S’mores: Use Summer Peeps for a S’mores dip with snowmen and Christmas trees.
- 4th of July S’mores: Add red, white and blue sprinkles on top of the marshmallows.
- Halloween S’mores 1: Stretch the marshmallows so they’re rectangular and place in pie. Use semi-sweet chocolate chips for the eyes and nose.
- Halloween S’mores 2: Use Halloween Peeps for a S’mores dip with Frankenstein, ghosts, skulls and pumpkins.
- Christmas S’mores: Use Christmas Peeps for a S’mores dip with snowmen and Christmas trees.
- Rainbow S’mores: Add different rainbow color sprinkles on top of individual marshmallows.
A s’mores pie is a perfect dip with a traditional graham cracker or almost any other type of dipper such as ginger snaps, vanilla or chocolate wafers, Oreo cookies, shortbread or sugar cookies, crackers, pretzels, strawberries or apple slices. A pie crust is not necessary for this version but works equally as well.
- 10" Pre-made graham cracker crust
- 3 Standard Size Hershey Chocolate Bars
- 1 Cup marshmallows, or as needed to fill pie tin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Break apart the chocolate pieces and place them onto the bottom of the graham cracker crust.
- Cover the chocolate pieces with marshmallows.
- Bake for 8 minutes in a full-sized oven.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Oven times will vary, keep an eye on the marshmallow topping and pull from oven once brown.
An air fryer at 375° for 4 minutes can be used instead of an oven.
If you want extra chocolate, use an extra bar or place chocolate chips on top.
Serve as pie slices or use graham cracker as "chip" for dipping.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes!