Pick up a pack of wings, throw together a quick 3-ingredient sauce and you’ve got delicious Spicy Balsamic & Honey Chicken Wings that everyone will love!
This post is sponsored by Truvía®.
I’ve loved hot wings as long as I can remember. I make so many versions of them that I can’t possibly begin to remember them all. My favorite (and most popular) are my super simple Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings (they really do get nice and crispy!) or my standard hot buffalo wings. I’ll toss them in garlic and parmesan mixed with melted butter occasionally (those are my 9-year-old’s favorite). And these Spicy Balsamic & Honey Chicken Wings are their own kind of delicious!
You know I almost always go for the simple recipes with minimal ingredients. I cook often with both balsamic and hot sauce, both of which can benefit from a little sweetness at times. Mixing them together was natural for me but I felt it needed a little extra something.
For me, that extra sweet something was adding a little Truvía® Nectar that I often use in place of honey. I looove honey but sometimes I don’t want all those extra calories. Since Truvía® Nectar has 50% fewer calories than sugar and is twice as sweet as honey so you only need to use half as much!
I like to make these Spicy Balsamic & Honey Wings using the same method as my other wings – in the oven, on high heat until the wings are crispy then toss with the sauce. But you can also make them on the grill, too, as I did for the photos. Either way they are crazy good!
These wings are delicious with this macaroni salad side dish.
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, I like Tabasco and have used several flavors for this recipe, all worked well
- 2 tablespoons Truvía® Nectar, or 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss chicken wings and oil. Place wings on a wire rack set on a baking sheet, taking care not to crowd wings. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and crispy (alternatively, you can do this step on the grill).
- Meanwhile, mix together vinegar, hot sauce and Truvía® Nectar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove wings from oven and brush sauce liberally onto wings. Serve any leftover sauce on the side.
- Place on platter and serve immediately.