This is my life saver recipe.
- I can make this healthy, chopped salad on a Sunday and have fresh, healthy lunches for the whole week.
- There’s no planning involved. If I’m at the store last-minute and I’m wondering what to buy for the week, all I have to do is choose whichever fresh vegetables look good to me. I’ve never met a vegetable that didn’t play nice with another vegetable, so I don’t really concern myself with what will taste good with what. Do I like it and is it fresh and healthy? Great…in my cart it goes.
- I can make it taste very different throughout the week depending on what I dress it with. Sesame-ginger if I’m in the mood for Asian, Cilantro-Lime or Cilantro-Jalapeno Pesto if I’m feeling more Mexican or just plain ol’ Ranch or Blue Cheese if I need something more comforting. Adding some rotisserie or leftover chicken or steak helps switch things up, too.
- It’s all healthy and keeps my weight in check. So, there’s that. Yes, I occasionally splurge with a little goat cheese. No, I don’t feel even a little bit guilty.
- It keeps well. Which means it’s always waiting there for me in my fridge when I get cravings.
There’s really no recipe to it, either, it’s just all raw chopped veggies. I’ve always preferred less lettuce-to-the-goodies in my salads anyway, so here I just omit the lettuce altogether. You can certainly add some if you wish, it’s your salad after all! Here’s a list of the veggies I used in the photo above, written up as a recipe for your convenience: