This flatbread recipe is made with roasted garlic, pesto and shredded chicken for an easy, delicious and fast meal.
And so my flatbread recipe craze continues! I can’t seem to help myself, flatbread is so easy to put together and I love that I can throw some in both the oven or on the grill.
This version is much different from my other recent flatbread recipe: Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Flatbreads and those Cilantro-Lime Chicken Flatbreads with Mango & Roasted Jalapenos. I had some basil pesto and roasted garlic left to use and it was just too tempting to put them together with some tender chicken, gooey cheese and warm flatbread!
And can I just say that it turned out fantastic?? For something that takes so little effort (once you’ve made your garlic & pesto) it really packs a ton of flavor. You could even skip the roasted garlic if you had to and it would still be awesome.
Next time I may even just skip the flatbread, put it on top of bread and bake it, the ingredients are versatile enough. Using shredded rotisserie chicken makes fast work of this easy meal, too.
Save this recipe for one of those times you just don’t feel like cooking and you want something fast & easy but still really tasty!
Roasted Garlic & Pesto Chicken Flatbread
This could also be thrown on the grill alongside whatever else you're cooking instead of baking it in the oven. Just be sure to turn off the burners directly underneath and keep the lid closed.
- 2 6-inch flatbreads, or one 12-inch
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons basil pesto, homemade or store-bought
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie or leftover chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese, such as mozzarella or a cheese blend
- 2 heaping tablespoons shredded parmesan
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheet.
- Spread roasted garlic over flatbreads. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon pesto over each flatbread on top of roasted garlic. Add chicken then both cheeses.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and just starting to brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 694Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 123mgSodium: 989mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 41g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder - March 27, 2023
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers with Old Bay - March 27, 2023
- Easy Avocado Egg Bake - March 22, 2023
Saturday 25th of February 2017
Wow! I was looking for recipes to use up rotisserie chicken and stumbled on this one. Simple and amazingly delicious. The roasted garlic gives that extra special flavor. Thank you!
Tuesday 28th of February 2017
Yay! So happy you love it. It's one of my faves for a quick, easy dinner. Thanks, Sara! xo
Sunday 26th of July 2015
I made this after all my running around after church...oh was this the bomb diggity good and I think the garlic made the dish fabulous!
Wednesday 29th of July 2015
I'm so glad to hear that, Tanya! Thanks for letting me know. I agree about the garlic!
Wednesday 19th of November 2014
Pesto flatbread pizza - use our #glutenfree flatbread & cheddar for a Packer-rific treat this weekend! http://t.co/pCKkXPjdv9
Wednesday 16th of July 2014
Why can't I pin these yummy recipes?
the wicked noodle
Thursday 17th of July 2014
Toni, there's a pin button at the top and bottom of each post. Let me know if you need any more help, thanks :)
Tuesday 8th of July 2014
Yummy chicken flatbreads: http://t.co/rg3X1xYIBZ