This easy recipe for Spicy Garlic Shrimp comes together in just 4 minutes. Fresh shrimp sauteed with garlic, crushed red pepper and lemon juice – delicious!
This spicy garlic shrimp recipe is absolutely AMAZING. Make it once and it will become one of your go-to recipes, just like it is mine.
It’s great as an appetizer. Makes a fantastic main dish, too – add a salad and some bread and you’re done.
Leftovers are best eaten straight out of the fridge. Preferably late at night.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC SHRIMP?
What’s even better is that these spicy garlic shrimp really do take just four minutes to throw together. Toss the garlic & shrimp in the pan, add seasoning and lemon juice/zest, toss it all into a large serving bowl and go to town. Spicy garlic shrimp in just 4 minutes!
If you don’t want the spicy part of the spicy garlic shrimp, just omit the crushed red pepper flakes. The dish will still taste amazing!
You could also toss them with pasta or even put them on a sandwich with some homemade mayo. But they’re really best served hot and fresh out the skillet, although if you serve them at a party you won’t need to worry if they cool to room temperature before they disappear – these spicy garlic shrimp are still great at room temperature.
SHOULD YOU BUY YOUR SHRIMP FROZEN?
Unless you live somewhere that you can get truly fresh shrimp straight off the boat that you’re certain is truly fresh, then buy it frozen. The shrimp in the seafood section of your grocery store has very likely already been frozen then thawed – and who knows how long it’s been thawed?
HOW TO THAW FROZEN SHRIMP?
If you buy a bag of frozen shrimp then you get to decide how long it will be thawed before cooking it. And it’s easy to thaw frozen shrimp – just place it in a colander and run cold water over it continuously until it’s all thawed, shaking the colander now and then the water runs over different pieces. It’s the best and easiest way to make your spicy garlic shrimp!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (depends on how hot you like it!)
- 24 jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined, tails left on)
- 2 teaspoons grill or steak seasoning blend (such as Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick, that stuff is soooo good)
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes and shrimp. Season with grill seasoning or salt and pepper and cook shrimp 3 minutes or until just pink.
- Toss with lemon zest and juice. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top. Pour onto a serving platter or into a large bowl (leaving the garlic cloves in the pan).
Seafood tip: Unless you live somewhere that you can get freshly-caught fish that’s never been frozen, buy your shrimp in the frozen section of your store. Most seafood at the seafood counter has already been frozen and there’s no way to tell how long it’s been sitting in the case after being thawed. If you thaw your own you can control how long until it’s cooked. Thaw shrimp in a colander while running cold water over it continuously until it’s completely thawed.