This Healthy Vitamix Tomato Soup with Gorgonzola Croutons is super creamy without any cream. Find out my secret ingredient, it’s delicious!
I made this vitamix tomato soup three times in the last week alone.
Twice for me and the third for my parents who stopped in for a quick visit. It’s that quick, easy and delicious.
I know, I know…I’ve been boring you to tears with my obsessive talk about the love I have for my Vitamix. So I won’t say much about it other than I can make this tomato soup in less than ten minutes, with only two of those minutes spent actually making the recipe. The other 6-8 I just sit around and wait for the magic to happen. This Vitamix Tomato Soup only has a whopping four ingredients total – four!
Before I talk more about this delicious vitamix tomato soup, you’re probably wondering if you really need a Vitamix to make this Vitamix Tomato Soup?
And the answer is no, absolutely not. I highly recommend it because I love my Vitamix more than anything and the simple fact that I named this recipe Vitamix Tomato Soup should be a clue that it’s perfect for that machine. But the stovetop and a hand blender will do the work just fine. I can’t guarantee that it will be as smooth but you could always run it through a fine mesh strainer to get the same results if you had to.
It’s the healthiest soup I’ve made yet but you’d never know it when you taste it. I use tofu in place of heavy cream (I know it sounds weird but I swear you can’t taste it!) and don’t add any butter or oils. All good stuff!
The gorgonzola croutons are, obviously, not healthy in the slightest. But they are absolutely delicious and, depending on my mood, I like to add them for a little treat. But if you’re trying to lose weight, are being health-conscious or just don’t like gorgonzola, you can certainly leave them out and you’ll still have a very healthy & tasty vitamix tomato soup!
A few other delicious soup recipes:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup (includes Vitamix version)
- Creamy Potato Cheese Soup with Mexican Chorizo & Roasted Jalapenos
- Pumpkin Soup
- Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Italian Sausage, Kale & Cannelini Bean Soup
Vitamix Tomato Soup with Gorgonzola Croutons
- 2 cans fire-roasted tomatoes
- ¼ onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup silkened tofu must be soft or silkened!
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoon butter softened
- 3 oz. gorgonzola crumbles
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 baguette slices
- Preheat medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Dice onions and mince garlic cloves. Add onions, garlic and tomatoes to pot (do not drain). Heat until very hot.
- Add tofu and, using a hand blender, blend ingredients until very smooth. Continue to heat, if necessary, until hot enough to serve. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately with a gorgonzola crouton on top of soup.
- Place all ingredients in blender (minus salt and pepper, you will season at the end). Start at 1, go quickly to 10 then immediately to high. Blend for 6-8 minutes until soup is very hot. Season well with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with a gorgonzola crouton on top of soup.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Brush baguette slices on one side with olive oil. Toast for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and flip over.
- Mix together softened butter, gorgonzola crumbles, salt and pepper. Spread over baguette slices (the non-toasted side). Place back in oven for additional 5-8 minutes, until bread is lightly toasted and cheese mixture is just beginning to bubble and brown.