I wasn’t planning on making Hasselback potatoes this week.
My plan for this week was to enjoy being home with my girls, relaxing by the pool and doing some fun baking and crafts with them. No running around, nowhere we have to be, nothing in particular we have to do.
But suddenly I had a client – a web design client. Which was actually perfect timing because, for the first time in a long time, I had, well…time. And I’ve been dying to get some more clients for this area of my “business”, so I was pretty excited!
It’s been a loooong couple of days (especially since I still made time to fit in the pool; couldn’t desert the girls entirely!), but I’m almost done with the site; just some tweaks and fixes here and there to iron out. And so, I can now return to our regularly scheduled recipe programming!
This is another recipe from our Five-Ingredient Dinner Party! I love making these…they’re buttery with a slight crunch and they look pretty cool, too. Be careful when you’re cutting them not to go all the way through the potato or you’ll just end up with sliced potatoes! But if that happens, just toss the potatoes in the pan and cook them anyway! :-)
- 4 medium-sized russet potatoes, peeled (optional, sometimes I leave the skins on)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Slice each potato crosswise at 1/8-inch intervals, cutting to within 1/4 inch of the bottom. (You can place a wooden spoon on the counter right next to the potato while you make the cuts and the knife will stop at the spoon.)
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons melted butter evenly over potatoes, and sprinkle with the salt.
- Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top of the potatoes and drizzle with the remaining melted butter. Put them back in the oven and bake 20 more minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over potatoes, baste with butter in pan, and bake 5 more minutes or until potatoes are golden.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 493mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 35gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.