This easy bruschetta recipe is made with homemade lemon ricotta cheese (it’s simple!), fresh grilled peaches and a drizzle of Tupelo honey.
You remember my honey obsession? It’s very much still going strong. This easy bruschetta recipe is my newest honey creation and you are going to love it.
The thing is, it also has homemade ricotta cheese which is so creamy and luscious that I can’t make it too often because I will literally put the entire batch down myself. I know what you’re thinking…that ricotta cheese is okay but nothing to be gushing over. If you’re thinking that, I assure you it’s because you’ve never had homemade ricotta. It’s so simple to make (can you boil water??) and in roughly 90 minutes and just three ingredients (not including salt) you’ll have warm, soft, creamy ricotta cheese to use in any number of ways.
I like to use it in this bruschetta recipe and add fresh lemon zest. Then add freshly grilled peaches, tupelo honey, coarsely ground black pepper and sliced, toasted almonds. It is the bomb-diggity, I’m telling you!
This bruschetta recipe is perfect for serving a crowd, too. You can make and chill your lemon ricotta cheese the day before, then simply assemble your bruschetta before your people arrive. Or set it all on a platter and let them put their bruschetta together – that’s fun, too! I like to crush whole peppercorns for this recipe so you could just put the pepper in a ramekin among the other ingredients. Simple and delicious. And what a fantastic way to use up summer peaches!!
- Crostini slices, toasted bread from a baguette
- 2-3 fresh summer peaches, sliced thin (grill them, if desired)
- Homemade Ricotta Cheese, it's SO EASY, try it!!
- Lemon zest, from one lemon
- Honey, for drizzling (preferably Tupelo)
- Very coarse freshly ground black pepper
- Sliced almonds, toasted (optional)
- Mix fresh lemon zest into ricotta cheese, taste then season with kosher or sea salt.
- Place some lemon ricotta, a peach slice and a drizzle of honey on a crostini slice. Sprinkle with coarse black pepper and sliced almonds, if desired. Place crostini on a serving tray and enjoy!