You already know that Alfredo sauce is creamy, cheesy and rich. Try it in this luscious Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake for a delicious meal!
Every time I make Alfredo sauce I wonder why I don’t do it more often. It’s so darn easy and quick, not to mention it’s sooo creamy and rich. Oh yeah, and filled with calories and fat and all those things we’re supposed to be limiting in our diets. Riiight…now I remember :)
Still, Alfredo sauce is a fantastic comfort food and I have a hard time staying away from delicious foods that are delicious, comforting AND easy & fast to make. This chicken Alfredo pasta bake is one of my favorites. Chicken Alfredo used be a dish that I ordered in good Italian restaurants back before I learned to cook. Now I make it in my own kitchen and save the more difficult or time-consuming dishes for eating out.
The Alfredo sauce in this Chicken Alfredo Pasta Bake can be made for any dish that calls for Alfredo sauce. It’s my tried and true recipe that I’ve been using for several years now. Regardless of how you use the sauce, be sure to season it well with salt. Alfredo sauce can be pretty bland and good seasoning is the key to giving it flavor. I like a hefty dose of freshly ground black pepper, too, but that’s just personal preference.
If you do make the Alfredo sauce then I hope you’ll give this Chicken Alfredo a chance, too. It’s one of those super fast recipes that’s great on a weeknight (I’ll even cook the pasta in advance sometimes if I know I’ll be making it, just be sure to drizzle the cooked pasta with a little olive oil so it doesn’t stick, then bring to room temp before assembling the pasta bake). Leftovers are good but do reheat gently as the sauce can “break” – it’ll still be good though, it’s just better if the butter doesn’t separate.
Before I sign off for the day, an apology to my readers who have been wondering why I haven’t been posting my usual five a week for the past few weeks. A loss in in the family, a move to a new house and back-to-school made for a pretty tough and busy month. But I’m happy to report that I am LOVING my new house (it’s so bright and cheery!) and am honestly thrilled to be back into recipe creation mode again. I’m still in living-out-of-boxes mode but each day I’m unpacking a little more. So cheers to that and a wish that you’re doing fantastically well, too!
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15- ounce container ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- chopped parsley (for garnishing (optional))
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and heavy cream in a saucepan and heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is very warm. Slowly stir in the parmesan until it's completely smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir the sour cream into the prepared Alfredo sauce. Add the cooked pasta and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. Stir in the ricotta cheese and parmesan, mix thoroughly. Stir in the shredded chicken and set aside.
- Spray a 13×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Put half of pasta mixture on bottom of baking dish. Spoon the ricotta mixture over and top with remaining pasta mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbling hot and cheese is golden brown. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1211Total Fat: 92gSaturated Fat: 52gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 374mgSodium: 1613mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 57g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.