These flavor-packed but oh-so-simple Ensalada Caprese Bites are always the first thing to go at a party!
Ensalada Caprese Salad is my go-to salad in the summertime. It's so simple but has such amazing flavor, and with freshly-picked summer tomatoes, it's pretty close to food heaven.
These Ensalada Caprese Bites have all the same ingredients, but in bite-size form so you can serve them at a summer party or barbecue. They're one of the appetizers I almost always throw together on the weekends, too.
I'm not reinventing the wheel here. Ensalada Caprese Bites aren't anything new, but I sometimes forget to post these simple recipes, even though it's something I make often.
Making them is simple: pop a cherry tomato, basil leaf and a bite-sized mozzarella ball onto a large toothpick, then drizzle with a balsamic syrup (instructions to make it here or pick some up at the store). Add a piece of prosciutto if you like (and I always like). They will fly off the plate, guaranteed!
I made these Ensalada Caprese Bites for a special occasion this time: it's my first post for our Progressive Eats group! The details are below, but basically some uber-talented bloggers I know asked me if I wanted to join in their fun. And of course I agreed! This month's theme is “summer barbecue”, so if you're looking for a delicious meal plan for your summer barbecues, be sure to check out all the recipes.
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 basil leaves
- 24 small mozzarella balls
- 12 slices prosciutto
- 2 tbsp balsamic syrup
- Place tomatoes, basil leaves, mozzarella and prosciutto on large toothpicks, then arrange on a serving tray. Drizzle with balsamic syrup and serve. (Alternatively, you can put the balsamic syrup in a small dish and allow guests to dip the bites into the syrup).
A Summer Barbecue!
Cocktails & Other Beverages
- Sparkling Blackberry Peach Sangria – The Redhead Baker
- Grilled Crostini Four Ways from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- BBQ Green Chile Bacon Burger – The Heritage Cook
- Grilled Skewers of Halloumi, Peppers, Tomatoes and Onions over Zoodles – The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Quinoa Tabbouleh with Grilled Vegetables – From a Chef's Kitchen
- Reeses Rice Krispie Treats – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Key Lime Pie with Whipped Cream and Lime Zest – Creative Culinary
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. Each recipe in our menu this month features foods for a Summer Barbecue. Our host this month is Barb from Creative Culinary.
If you're unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats it’s a virtual party. A theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out. Come along and see all of the delicious summer dishes!