This Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is easy, healthy and absolutely amazing. Just don’t forget the flavorful, crispy bits on the bottom of the pan!
“Brown food tastes good.”
I’m not certain if that’s the exact quote from Anne Burrell that’s been in my head for the past few years but that’s how I remember it. It’s something I’d known for some time already but, for some reason, the way she put it was so simple and clear that it really resonated with me.
What she’s talking about is caramelization. Getting a good brown crust on whatever it is you’re cooking. It’s why you brown your meat before slow cooking it, why you sear over high heat then finish in the oven and why you typically should always roast vegetables at a higher temp – it gives food flavor.
I’ve never been a huge cauliflower fan – I could take it or leave it – but this parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe has officially converted me into solid lover of this white vegetable (although the purple variety is really pretty, have you seen it in stores? What a pretty presentation it would make to use both purple and white in this recipe)!
The steps from start to finish are few – cut up the cauliflower into small florets, toss with a bit of extra-virgin olive oil, season well with kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper. Roast for approximately 45 minutes, tossing every 15 or so to make sure that all sides get nicely caramelized. Add some parmigiano reggiano (or a less expensive parmesan if you don’t have it on hand) and roast for another five minutes. Voila! You have delicious parmesan roasted cauliflower with very little effort.
It is SO. GOOD.
You can serve your parmesan roasted cauliflower with a little marinara sauce on the side if you wish but it’s fantastic without it, too. I also recommend getting those florets good and small – the smaller pieces get the crispiest and have the most flavor.
If you’re trying to get more vegetables in your diet or are just looking for a delicious new snack or side dish – try this parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe! I promise you that it will make your mouth happy :)
- 1 head cauliflower (broken down into small florets)
- 2 – 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmagiano-reggiano (or less-expensive parmesan, whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil on a baking sheet. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Roast for approximately 45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and nicely caramelized. Toss with parmesan and roast for another five minutes.
- Serve as-is or with a side of marinara sauce.