This Spicy Sriracha Thousand Island Dressing is perfect for a salad or even better on a Reuben Sandwich.
I am really not a fan of Thousand Island Dressing.
Which is probably a strange statement to make considering I’m posting a recipe for just that. I don’t dislike it, it’s just not one of my more favorite salad dressings. But what is a good Reuben Sandwich without some homemade Thousand Island Dressing?
So I made my own version and spiced things up a bit. I used Sriracha hot sauce but you could really use almost any hot sauce that you like. The Sriracha flavor does go nicely with the pickles and onion, though, and makes this Thousand Island Dressing something that I almost love on its own. It’s fantastic on this Reuben sandwich (or on a Rachel, whichever your prefer) and I’m sure you can think of any number of other uses for it (it’s a great dip for veggies). Although I’m a mayo girl, I know many people who love to slather it on their burgers, too. And if you’re serving shrimp cocktail, try serving Thousand Island Dressing in addition to your cocktail sauce; it’s delish!
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, start with less and add more if you like
- 2 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and stir to blend well. Chill for at least one hour before serving. Keep refrigerated.