Grilling zucchini and squash is simple and really brings out the flavor of these delish veggies.
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 oz goat cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and seeded (or just use a jar of roasted red bell peppers)
- Slice zucchini in half once crosswise, then slice each half lengthwise into 6 thin strips. Brush each strip with a small amount of olive oil.
- Preheat your grill on high (or use a grill pan). Place zucchini strips on grill for two minutes each side, until zucchini has good grill marks and is tender. Remove from grill and let cool slightly. (If grilling zucchini and squash is all you’re in the mood for, you can stop here.
- Slice roasted bell pepper into strips about 1/2 inch wide. Place one strip on a zucchini slice, then place a teaspoon of goat cheese at one end of the pepper, pressing down so it sticks. Add a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper.
- Starting at the end with the goat cheese, roll up zucchini, then secure with a toothpick. Place roll-ups on a platter to serve as an appetizer or on plates as a side dish. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.