This Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup is made with just seven ingredients and twelve minutes under pressure. So much flavor for such a simple soup!
I went to the Olive Garden a couple of weeks ago for the first time in years. Sure enough, Zuppa Toscana Soup is still on the menu.
My daughter Kylie had been begging me to take her. Apparently, all the kids at her school had been talking about Olive Garden and told her she just had to try it. Bottomless breadsticks can still draw in all ages!
So I surprised her and we had a great time. Rob and I are eating keto so there wasn't a lot to choose from (I was hoping they offered zoodles in place of pasta, but no luck). To be honest, I found it overpriced and the food just okay. Still, it brought back great memories of living in Southern California where there's seemingly one on every corner.
But the Zuppa Toscana Soup is always good. Much cheaper, quicker and tastier to make at home though. This Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup is definitely the way to go! Just twelve minutes under pressure? Gotta love dinner that's done so fast and that everyone will eat. :)
WHAT IS ZUPPA TOSCANA?
Zuppa Toscana means “Tuscan Soup” in Italian. It essentially means a soup that you might find in Tuscany. The version of Zuppa Toscana Soup popularized by Olive Garden is the American version. Having never had the Italian version, it's hard to say which is better, but I do know that I absolutely love it.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP?
Making Zuppa Toscana in your Instant Pot is incredibly easy. Using the saute function, you'll cook the Italian Sausage, onion and garlic first. Next the potatoes and chicken stock go in the pot and you simply set the time and walk away. When the timer goes off and the pressure is released, stir in the kale and cream and season well with a coarse salt and freshly ground pepper. A good, crusty bread goes perfectly with it!
To make this a KETO INSTANT POT ZUPPA TOSCANA SOUP, try using cauliflower florets instead of diced potatoes and reduce pressure time to 10 minutes.
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups diced red potatoes
- 4-5 cups low-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Press “Saute” to preheat your Instant Pot. When the word “hot” appears on the display, add the sausage. Cook until the sausage is browned. Add the onion and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth to the pot, taking care to scrape any brown bits from the bottom.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press “Manual” and immediately adjust the timer to 12 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing”.
- When the time is up, open the IP using “Quick Pressure Release”. Add the kale and cream, stirring until kale is wilted. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 344 Saturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 83mg Sodium: 871mg Carbohydrates: 10g Protein: 11g