Bake your bread and Buffalo Chicken Dip all in one delicious skillet.
Welcome to your newest dip obsession…Buffalo Chicken Dip served in a skillet with freshly baked bread for dipping – baked in that very same skillet.
I make a similar version with Blue Cheese Biscuits instead of the skillet bread that’s not quite as pretty but it’s just as delicious! I can never decide which I like better so I’ll let you decide for yourself. The reason I lean toward the bread is because the biscuits are done so quickly that I have to heat up the dip first and then add the biscuits – the bread is just easier to navigate. And it’s softer and just melts in your mouth, too!
The Buffalo Chicken Dip is killer – I’m sure you’ve tried it or even made it yourself – and can easily be made without the bread. Any hot dip would work well here, especially something creamy and cheesy. You might try one of these:
- Queso Dip with Roasted Hatch Chiles
- Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon & Gruyere
- Super Easy Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Jalapeno Popper Dip with Bacon Breadcrumbs
The Buffalo Chicken Dip is my favorite, though. I still keep tortilla chips close by because nothing beats their salty crunch with the spicy dip but this way you can have the best of both worlds. It makes a nice presentation for a football fest, too.
In any case…you can never, ever go wrong with hot cheese!
I can’t stop with just this Buffalo Chicken Dip, though (but you know how obsessive I can be so you probably already guessed that, right?)…I have a fun idea for a cozy dish that I’ll be sharing soon using this very concept. I’m sure you could come up with different ways to use this, too. If you do, I’d love to hear ideas. For now, though, have yourself a wonderful Thursday!
- 12 frozen dough dinner rolls (not the already baked, brown and serve kind)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken (rotisserie or leftover chicken works great for this)
- 1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce (or other buffalo hot wing sauce)
- 1/2 cup chunky blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese (more to sprinkle on top, if desired)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or mexican-blend cheese
- kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a large cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Thaw and proof the dough according to package directions (proof the dough in the skillet, setting each dough ball in the outer circle).
- Meanwhile, mix together chicken, cream cheese, buffalo wing sauce, dressing and blue cheese crumbles in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once the dough has risen and is ready to bake, spoon the dip into the center of the skillet. Top dip with shredded cheese.
- Brush top of bread dough with half of melted butter.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove skillet and brush dough with remaining melted butter. Place back in oven and bake until bread is golden brown and baked through (check package directions for remaining baking time).
- Remove from oven and serve.