This Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Italian Sausage is so good you’ll be dancing in your kitchen!
This Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi is my absolute favorite fall dish!
It’s so simple to make and I always keep a shelf-stable package of gnocchi around just so I can make it.
Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi couldn’t be simpler to make, especially since the spices in the Italian sausage is enough flavor that you don’t have to be measuring out anything in addition. With shallot and garlic as the base, then whole milk, a little chicken stock and smooth pumpkin puree to finish the sauce, it’s an easy yet SO delicious fall dish.
It’s one of those dishes that has everyone nodding and mmmm’ing in unison. It’s also my new favorite fall dish. Seriously…and I don’t even do a lot of pumpkin dishes!
I also made some quick fried sage leaves that I used to garnish the pumpkin gnocchi with. These little beauties are incredibly addictive, so be sure to make extra for snacking! They look so pretty on top of the gorgeous REVOL dutch oven I used, filled with any fall dish you like. Although I’m definitely partial to this pumpkin gnocchi. You will be, too, after just one bite!
Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Italian Sausage
- 1 pound gnocchi cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 large shallot minced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 sage leaves plus extra for snacking, if desired; they're SO GOOD
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until no pink remains, breaking it up into small crumbles as you cook. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving grease behind in the pan.
- Add minced shallots to pan; cook, stirring frequently, about two minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook one minute more. Add chicken stock to pan to deglaze; stir frequently while bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, add milk and pumpkin puree. Stir until pumpkin puree is fully incorporated and sauce is smooth. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked gnocchi and Italian sausage to sauce in skillet. Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until hot and heated through.
- Pour into a greased 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to cover. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until parmesan is browned and sauce is bubbling.
- Top with fried sage leaves and serve immediately.