These delectable Instant Pot Pork Chops are from my first cookbook, Weeknight Cooking with your Instant Pot. They're delicious and great as keto pork chops, too!
Since the first time I made Instant Pot pork chops, I knew I'd never cook them another way. This extremely simple recipe is one of my favorites from my Instant Pot cookbook I released earlier this year (the next one comes out October 30th)! Since I started eating keto a few months ago, I made a very slight alteration to make them keto pork chops, too.
Both versions are in the recipe below, although the change is very minor. The original recipe calls for a little wine, which I omit here. But you could leave it in and the carbs will still be insanely low, even for keto pork chops.
HOW LONG TO COOK INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS?
The beauty of Instant Pot pork chops vs. cooking them a more traditional way is not only the time savings, but they turn out so tender! Generally, pork has been one of the proteins I least enjoy cooking, with the exception of a low-and-slow roasted pork roast. You'll sear your chops as normal, deglaze the pan with a little, wine, cooking broth or both, depending on which you choose (for keto pork chops, you can skip the wine and replace with all stock).
You'll set your timer for just six minutes, then allow the pressure to release naturally for another ten. Finish up by making the sauce with just a couple added ingredients, and you'll have a restaurant-worthy dish that no one would ever guess came out of your Instant Pot!
HOW TO SEASON PORK CHOPS?
You'll want to season both sides of your Instant Pot pork chops with a coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper before searing. This is a step you should get in the habit of doing with all the meats you cook, regardless of the cooking method used. Skipping this step can result in bland meat, and no one wants that!
WHAT MAKES THESE KETO PORK CHOPS?
The fact that these Instant Pot pork chops have ZERO carbs make them a great dish for anyone on a low carb or keto diet. The high-fat content from the butter is also great for keto lovers. This is one of those rare dishes that can be served at a dinner party to wow the guests yet will fit into many different diets.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE:
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Instant Pot Quinoa Spinach Salad with Sausage
- Easy Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Pumpkin Instant Pot Cheesecake with a Granola Crust
- Instant Pot Pasta with Chipotle Tomato Sauce
- 2 lb pork chops
- 1 tsp coarse salt, or to taste
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, (OR 1/4 cup white wine and 1/4 cup chicken broth)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Press “Saute” to preheat your Instant Pot. When the word “hot” appears on the display, add the olive oil then brown the chops in batches on both sides. Remove the chops and set them aside.
- Add the wine and stir to deglaze the pot, allowing the wine to reduce slightly, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth to the pot then return the chops to the pot, along with any accumulated juices.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press “Manual” and adjust the timer to 6 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing.”
- When the time is up, allow the pot to release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure using “Quick Pressure Release.” Remove the chops and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Press “Saute” and allow the sauce to reduce by half, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the Dijon. Add the butter two pieces at a time, stirring constantly until incorporated. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper, if necessary. Return the chops to the pot and toss them gently to coat with the sauce. Top with the parsley and serve.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 581 Saturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 212mg Sodium: 845mg Protein: 49g