Lemon Instant Pot Cheesecake with a gingersnap crust! Top with fresh raspberries for a truly simple yet show-stopping dessert.
Instant Pot cheesecake?
I know. It threw me, too. Who knew an Instant Pot is that versatile?
If you’ve been using an Instant Pot for a while, you’ve surely already tried making one. And if you’ve made one, you’ve surely made
several many, many more. I’ve made more than I can recall off the top of my head, which is a lot for someone who doesn’t make desserts often.
This Lemon Instant Pot cheesecake is my favorite (so far) of them all. I decided to go lemon because my parents were coming for dinner and my mom loooves all things lemon. And so do I. Especially when there are fresh raspberries involved, too.
Don’t miss my Instant Pot cookbooks (and the upcoming Weeknight Keto)!
I decided to make a Brazilian Chicken and Rice dish (also in my Instant Pot and coming to this blog in the next week), a quick Caprese Salad with some of the fresh tomatoes from my parents garden (also Costco has the best fresh mozzarella duo-pack that’s already sliced; I’m in love) and this Lemon Instant Pot Cheesecake for dessert.
We were all so very happy that dinner was over and we could finally get to dessert!
You probably already know that for a cheesecake to be at its best, it really needs to be chilled for a minimum of four hours with overnight being your best bet. So my recommendation is that you do that before enjoying it.
Which we, of course, did not do.
I did let it cool completely on the counter then chilled it for about 30 minutes. It was soooo good. Creamy with a subtle lemon flavor. The next day, however, it really was better. The lemon flavor stands out a bit more and I prefer the slightly firmer texture. But go ahead and have a taste if you just can’t wait!
This Lemon Instant Pot Cheesecake takes just 30 minutes at high pressure with a natural release of about 15 minutes more. So about the same time as baking it in the oven (if you include the time it takes to come to pressure) but you don’t have to fuss with a water bath. Not to mention no cracks! OR checking the oven to make sure it’s not done sooner than expected.
TOTAL INSTANT POT WIN.
(You can see in the photos that on one cheesecake I just tossed the fresh raspberries on top in a haphazard pile and the other I arranged neatly in a circle. I like them both ways so do as you please!)
More delicious cheesecake recipes:
- Mini Cheesecakes with Chocolate-Stuffed Raspberries
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce
- Grilled Pineapple No-Bake Cheesecakes
- Peppermint Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Instant Pot Cheesecake with a Granola Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- zest from 1 lemon PLUS 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- cooking spray
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Spray a 7-inch cheesecake pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray. Mix the crushed gingersnaps and melted butter together, then press firmly into bottom of pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl until it's smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, until they're fully incorporated. Mix in the lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour the batter into the cheesecake pan then cover it with foil. Make a foil “sling”, folding lengthwise twice, then set cheesecake pan in the center. Pour 1 cup water into the pot then put the trivet on top. Place the cheesecake on the sling in the pot, taking care to fold the sling “handles” down so they don’t interfere with closing the pot.
- Close and lock the lid. Press “Manual” and immediately adjust the timer to 30 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing”.
- When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes then release any remaining pressure using “Quick Pressure Release”. Carefully remove the cheesecake using the sling, then cool it completely on a wire rack (gently dab any condensation from top of cheesecake before cooling). Chill for at least four hours. Top cheesecake with fresh raspberries.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 725Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 169mgSodium: 638mgCarbohydrates: 72gNet Carbohydrates: 67gFiber: 5gSugar: 34gProtein: 11g
Last update on 2020-03-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API