Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders are topped with a creamy, crunchy Blue Cheese Celery Slaw for the ultimate crowd-pleaser (and they took TOP prize in a national contest!)
I’ve got party food like this Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe on the brain and I love serving these sandwiches as appetizers on big game days, like the Super Bowl!
Why You’ll Love These Buffalo Chicken Sliders
These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are spicy from the buffalo sauce, creamy from the blue cheese & celery slaw, and the different textures and flavors make it a real treat. Plus these buffalo chicken sliders are easy to make and can be made well ahead of game time!
I also like the fact that they’re a smidge healthier than your typical buffalo chicken sandwich since the chicken is shredded, not fried.
Buffalo Chicken Slider Ingredients
- Rotisserie chicken: I like to use a store-bought rotisserie chicken and remove the meat, but you can use leftover chicken if you have some, or roast or poach your own. I like a mix of white and dark meat but any will work. You can also use poached and shredded chicken breasts as well.
- Slider buns: Choose your favorite slider buns or dinner rolls. I like sesame or brioche buns and you can never go wrong with King’s Hawaiian rolls.
- Hot Wing Sauce: Use your favorite hot wing sauce, I like to combine Frank’s Red Hot Sauce with a stick of melted butter.
- Coleslaw mix: Coleslaw mix can be found in the produce section with the pre-cut salad bags.
- Celery stalks: Adds a crunchy texture.
- Blue cheese: For best results use blue cheese crumbles from a wedge instead of pre-made crumbles, if you can.
- Mayonnaise: Creamy mayo adds a richness to the blue cheese slaw.
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV): ACV enhances the flavors and adds a bit of tang.
- Dijon mustard: A little bit of Dijon goes a long way with its tangy, sharp, and strong flavor.
(Scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe card with exact measurements and recipe instructions.)
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
This chicken slider recipe comes together quickly with just a few steps by mixing Blue Cheese Celery Slaw together and preparing shredded buffalo chicken. I gently heat the buffalo wing sauce and toss it with the chicken when I’m ready to assemble the sliders.
Adjusting The Spice Level
The chicken-to-sauce ratio really depends on how much you love the spicy buffalo sauce. I tend to use just enough sauce to lightly coat the meat, then serve the remaining buffalo sauce on the side so that the spice lovers can douse their sliders in it (I’m in the dousing category).
What To Serve with Buffalo Chicken Sliders
I typically serve these as party food so I’ll have an array of appetizers and snacks to go with them. If I serve them as a family meal, I’ll have some type of vegetable on the side. You could make it more of a bar-food meal and have fries, onion rings, tater tots, carrot & celery sticks, or chips with them, too!
Here are a few recipes that I like to serve with these buffalo chicken sliders:
- Garlic Green Beans and Portobellos with Parmesan
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes
- Smoked Mac and Cheese
- Crispy Baked Potato Wedges
Buffalo Chicken Sliders can easily be made ahead. Simply mix the slaw and prepare the buffalo chicken and store separately in airtight containers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When ready to serve place the chicken mixture and slaw on a bun.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cooked rotisserie chicken, or 3-4 poached and shredded chicken breasts
- Use your favorite hot wing sauce, I like to combine Frank’s Red Hot Sauce with a stick of melted butter
- 12 slider buns, dinners or any bun you like
- Whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar and mustard. Add diced celery, crumbled blue cheese and coleslaw; mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from the bone and shred using two forks. Place in bowl and add hot wing sauce, just enough to coat the chicken.
- Place some of the buffalo chicken mixture on a soft slider bun, then top with a generous portion of blue cheese celery slaw. Serve with extra wing sauce.
Tip: If you’re using a rotisserie chicken that’s no longer hot, or if your chicken has been refrigerated, let it come to room temperature, then heat your wing sauce before tossing with the chicken. Your chicken will dry out if you microwave it, but the heat of the wing sauce will warm it up just enough without drying it out.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 484Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 79mgSodium: 658mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 19g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.