This Pumpkin Pie Cake is not only BETTER than pumpkin pie, it’s SO much easier. Everyone always raves and asks for the recipe!
If you make just one pumpkin dessert this fall, let this Pumpkin Pie Cake be the one.
You won’t regret it for even one second.
Easy and – in my humble opinion – even BETTER than pumpkin pie! It’s called Pumpkin Pie Cake but it’s really sort of half pie, half cake. Gooier than a cake, slightly more firm than a pie and so damn addicting!
It’s even less work than a pie with a store-bought crust. You can watch the video above for the visual but all you do is mix up some pumpkin puree with a few other ingredients, pour into a pan, then top with dry cake mix, butter and chopped pecans. Bake and you’re done!
You could try walnuts in place of the pecans or a different flavor cake mix if that’s what you’ve got on hand. I’ve found that the spice cake mix flavor works best, but play around and make it your own! Freshly whipped cream is delightful here, too, but a good vanilla ice cream never hurt anybody :)
Pumpkin pie has been one of my favorite pies since I was a kid. My mom always made her holiday pies from scratch; beautiful pies that would sit on the counter all day until we could finally sit down to the big meal. She still does that today, but I’ll be sneaking in this Pumpkin Pie Cake for everyone to enjoy, too!
It’s hard to believe we’re already in the middle of pumpkin-flavored-everything season and, I’ll admit, I’ve resisted it for weeks. This Pumpkin Pie Cake has really changed my tune though; it’s worth taking the plunge. Normally I’m making my Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Bourbon Pecan Caramel Sauce this time of year. Sometimes the easy road is also the most delicious though!
Pumpkin Pie Cake
- 2 14.5 ounce cans pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, evaporated milk, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Pour mixture into greased 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top, taking care to cover mixture. Pour melted butter over cake mix, then sprinkle pecans on top.
- Bake for one hour or until "cake" is set. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!