I haven’t had time to post much this week. My parents have been in town from Wisconsin and we’ve been super busy! Although I’ve been cooking a bit, I tend to let my mom take over while she’s here since there’s nothing like Mom’s home cookin’!
I did, however, have time to whip up these delicious shrimp for a little get together we had last night, and I thought I’d take a quick moment to share the recipe. It was really easy and the flavor was fantastic! Everybody raved and asked for the recipe. Of course, it’s hard to go wrong with butter, garlic, parmesan and breadcrumbs, right?
wicked parmesan shrimp
- 12 jumbo shrimp (make sure to use large shrimp, I used two pounds total (which was about 40 or so shrimp) and adjusted the rest of the ingredients; this served six adults with side dishes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs (make these fresh – it will make all the difference!)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 medium lemon, cut in wedges
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
Put olive oil, garlic and salt and pepper into a large plastic bag; add shrimp and toss lightly to coat. Refrigerate about an hour – or longer – to let flavors meld.
Mix fresh bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Holding each shrimp by the tail, coat shrimp in mixture (the breading will be light; this is not a heavy breading).
Arrange shrimp so that they aren’t touching each other on an ungreased cookie sheet or in a baking dish.
Drizzle with melted butter.
Place pan on the center rack of oven and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until done.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
These are SO GOOD!!