Brunch is the best way to enjoy a delicious meal with family and friends without having to wake up too early in the morning. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or just having brunch for two, these make-ahead and easy brunch ideas and recipes will make your gathering even more enjoyable.
From celebrating a birthday, baby shower, wedding or another special occasion, brunch is a great opportunity to get together with loved ones and catch up over a leisurely meal. Brunch is also a special way to celebrate Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day or Father’s Day.
(see below for some of our favorite brunch recipes)
Brunch can be as simple or extravagant as you’d like from a simple continental breakfast to a full course buffet with DIY food stations. Here are some ideas to get you started on your brunch plans.
- Eggs: Eggs (scrambled, fried, boiled, poached, etc.), frittatas, French toast, egg crepes or quiches are all popular choices for brunch. Try making a breakfast casserole, burrito, or sandwich with eggs, cheese, and your choice of meat and vegetables. Made-to-order crepe or omelet stations with a variety of cheeses, fresh vegetables and meats add a fun, interactive aspect to any brunch.
- Bacon or sausage: These are classic breakfast meats that are always a hit at brunch. Make it a healthier option by making chicken or turkey bacon or sausage.
- Toast or bagels: Toast with butter and jam is a simple but tasty option for brunch. You could also serve bagels with cream cheese, lox, and red onion or the ever popular avocado and toast.
- Granola & Oatmeal: An easy and popular option for a healthy brunch. Make a build-your-own bar with granola and oatmeal sweeteners, such as brown sugar or honey, or with savory ingredients, such as nuts, fruit and yogurt.
- Cereal Station: Creating a cereal station is a great no fuss, no muss option that kids (and adults) will surely love. Just pick out your childhood favorites like Lucky Charms, Cheerios, and Frosted Flakes to take your guests for a sweet walk down memory lane.
- Yogurt & Fruit: Fresh fruit is a healthy and refreshing addition to any brunch. Try slicing up a variety of seasonal fruits and serve them with a bowl of healthy yogurt.
- Parfait Bar: Kids and adults will love a breakfast parfait bar where they can layer yogurt, fruit, granola, cereal, nuts and other toppings in a cup or glass for their own custom parfait.
- Muffins or pastries: Muffins, scones, donuts, Danishes, cinnamon rolls, and croissants are all delicious baked goods that are perfect for brunch. Coffee cake or monkey bread are the most tasty options.
- Pancakes or Waffles: Serve a variety of flavors, such as blueberry, chocolate chip, or pumpkin. Make it a build-your-own waffle bar with toppings like fresh fruit, whipped cream, and maple syrup.
- Seafood Tower: Everybody loves a seafood brunch. Keep it simple with cocktail shrimp, crab legs or ahi tuna. Oysters, or even an oyster bar, are always a popular brunch item.
- Brunch Meats: A hearty brunch always includes meats whether it’s a spiral ham, prime rib, leg of lamb, or turkey.
- Sandwiches: You have no brunch without lunch so it’s a great time to serve up some sandwiches, whether they are sweet (like peanut butter and jelly) or savory (like a Reuben).
- Grazing Table: A charcuterie bar brimming with meats, cheeses, dips, and fruits are easy finger foods that everyone will enjoy.
- Asian Station: Excite your guests with stir fry stations, fried rice, sushi or other favorites like pot stickers and egg rolls.
- Cocktails & Mocktails: Don’t forget the drinks! Bottomless mimosas, Bellinis, Champagne Cocktails, and Bloody Marys are popular choices for a brunch. Be sure to serve up some mocktails for non-alcoholic drink options.
- Coffee, Juice & More: Coffee and just plain old orange juice are an easy way to keep the brunch simple. For special occasions try adding tea, hot chocolate, additional juice options and decaf and specialty coffee selections. Cream and sugar and flavored liqueurs and creamers are always a treat. For the health conscious try adding smoothies.
Here are some simple yet delicious brunch recipes that you can whip up in no time.
More delicious breakfast recipes: